Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth....



I know I already blogged once today but I felt like I needed to blog about this......




The last seven days have been such a mixture of incredible and disappointing. For the first time in 5 1/2 yrs. Jeff and I were blessed with the opportunity to have a night away together which was incredibly needed since we are in such a busy, chaotic time of our lives. An incredible friend of ours wanted to bless us and decided to arrange everything for an all expenses paid night away.....which btw they scored some MAJOR brownie points from me and have since moved up to number one friend on our list.....KIDDING! Jeff and I were so amazed and grateful for such a gift! So on Thursday night as we were running around trying to get everything done so we could leave the next day I realized something that made my world stand still. My wedding ring was gone, not just accidently misplaced somewhere but GONE!




For all who know me and how anal i can be on organization and everything has to be put in its place (OCD all the way!) to lose something like this is huge. Massive. Colossal. Vast.


I have two very specific places i put my wedding ring when i do actually take it off and that is only when i am washing my hands or cooking so therefore easy answer, kitchen sink or bathroom sink. No it didnt go down a drain, spare you all the details but it is impossible for that to happen. We searched EVERYWHERE that evening until we finally had to give it up and give it to God. Im not a jewelry person to begin with, I could if i tried but that would take effort i dont currently have to spare. However the ONE piece of jewelry I did love had to just disappear?


Im sure in all reality Ella or Gav might have seen it sitting by the kitchen sink and decided to I dont know play with it, hide it, pawn it off at the local pawn shop for cash to buy a toy...who knows. Im still sulking about it....and my ring finger feels naked, I dont like it.




Then to top that on Monday my dog that I have had for about 5 1/2 yrs.....hhhmmm something just hit me about the dates, ah well maybe later.......Pita my sweet chihuahua who I treat as if she were a child of mine has gone missing. Once again those who know me and my love for that dog knows what a catastrophic ordeal this is for me. In fact the last time (about 4 yrs. ago) someone stole her from me I took them to court and sued them to get my dog back. Judge if you will but I love that dog.....I am a very passionate animal lover and I will do what it takes is all i have to say in my defense. (That and God is the one who placed this passion in me so take it up with him)


So my heart is feeling a little lost and kind of broken here lately, two very important things in my life are gone.....and yes two very material things. This has got me thinking...stand back


I was reading over Matthew 6:19-21


19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


What is my treasure and where is my heart really?? Honestly??? We all have things here on this earth that are very dear to us and when something happens to those things it can be earth shattering. But is it the end of my world?? I hope i dont end it on a dog and a ring because my heart shouldnt be there! Yes those things are special but a ring is just a ring, my marriage doesnt depend on whether or not that ring is on my finger and as much as i love that dog...well you get the point.


Im really just rambling now but it comes down to how much i need to focus on where my heart is...at all times. Right now all i can say is Im going to have faith....as long as I am following Him I am on the right path and this is all under His plan. I can live with that.


As for the ring....maybe one day i will find it in the craziest place I never thought to look, (or perhaps at a pawn shop who knows) and as for my sweet Pita....I miss her and I still ache for her and Im going to have faith that one day she will come home to me.

3 comments:

Kristy Baca said...

This is so true. If we could only realize that nothing we have here in this world will ever add up to what we have waiting for us in heaven!!

Dana said...

Chin up!

I lost my wedding ring for about 4 months one time and found it in a cookbook stuck up high on the shelf.

I RARELY COOK!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you find it! Did you check the fridge? HaHa PS mine fell off in the laundry when I was sorting it....check there..